On Friday, May 31st at 2pm EDT, the White House hosted a discussion on asteroids that featured the following speakers:
- Lori Garver, Deputy Administrator, NASA
- Bill Nye, Executive Director, Planetary Society
- Ed Lu, former astronaut and CEO, B612 Foundation
- Peter Diamandis, Co-Founder and Co-Chairman, Planetary Resources
- Jose Luis Galache, Astronomer at the International Astronomical Union’s Minor Planet Center
Host Cristin Dorgelo, Assistant Director for Grand Challenges at White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, moderated the Google+ hangout. Attendees discussed the QE2 asteroid flyby, the possibility of mining resources in space, and how the public can get involved with all these cool endeavors. The White House has provided the the recording above if you missed the hangout.